Monday, October 15, 2012

Special email on Dad's memorial Day (Oct 12, 2012)


Mom,


I got permission from President Meredith to email you today.


Hope you are doing ok. I know it is hard, but I also know you are MY mom and I love you.


I just want to share a song with you that I heard Sunday morning session of General Conference. I really love it. Hope it will help you today.


The song is called Does the Journey seem Long? You can click on the green square to listen once you put the mouse over the song
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/music?lang=eng#sort=title&dir=asc&page=&lang=eng&clang=eng&search=&conference=10491_000_000&session=Sunday+Morning+Session


Lyrics are:


Does the journey seem song,
The path rugged and steep?
Are there briars and thorns on the way?
Do sharp stones cut your feet
As you struggle to rise
To the heights thru the heat of the day?


Is your heart faint and sad,
Your soul weary within?
As you toil beneath your burden of care?
Does the load, heavy seem
You are forced now to lift?
Is there no one your burden to share?


Let your heart be not faint
Now the journey's begun;
There is One who still beckons to you.
So look upward in joy
And take hold of His hand;
He will lead you to heights that are new ---


A land holy and pure,
Where all troubles doth end,
And your life shall be free from all sin,
When no tears shall be shed,
For no sorrows remain.
Take His hand and with Him enter in.


Take His hand and with Him enter in.


:) love you Mom.


Here is something else to help your day: Alma 36:3, Joshua 1:9, D&C 61:36, Ether 12:4, D&C 84:88, Alma 7:11-12


I think being on a mission makes me realize just how much God cares about each of His children. I know God cares about you and knows how you feel. I'm not there for you to talk to today, but He is.


I love you, Mom, and I'll talk to you on Monday :)


Meng

No comments:

Post a Comment