Thursday, September 20, 2012

Got hair cut (Sep 3&4, 2012)





HI Mom!!
How was your birthday? I want to know all about it.
And I haven't asked you much about work, how is that going? We saw in the Chinese Liahona that they are going to have Liahona in Mandarin now, only four times a year or something, but still good news. :) Did you have anything to do with that?
Hmm...this week has not been very eventful, except transfers. Both me and Sister Poon are staying in Berkeley. Not a big surprise. There was a lot of changes in the VC though, with five new missionaries coming and a lot of them going full proselyting. A lot of people going back to the area where they served before, which is unusual. So for them and for those of us who are staying, I guess we haven't found the people we were supposed to find yet.
This is my last week having two hours of companion study. For new missionaries, for two transfers (12 weeks), we have two hours companion study. Starting from tomorrow, we'll only get one. I really liked the 12 weeks program, it's for training new missionaries. I especially like this last week, we had three videos that we watched, all super spiritual. The missionaries in the video talked about their experiences on the mission. All six of them had their own story. One of the elder's story was really touching. He said before he came on his mission, he got cancer. He doesn't know how long he is going to live, but he came anyway. It was a big motivation for him though, that the Lord kept him alive for a reason, so he was going to find everyone the Lord has prepared for him. It really makes me think cuz we are all alive for a reason.
We had huo3 guo1 with the Chinese district on Wednesday. Lots of good food, not enough time to eat :) I think I'm eating a lot faster now though, had to. :)
A cool thing happened in testimony meeting this sunday. One of the people me and Sister Sampaio visited before went up to bear her testimony. That day we went unannounced because felt like so, she was a little upset that we went. We had a short thought and then Sister Sampaio asked her, are you reading the Book of Mormon? She said she is not, and she'll not commit to reading everyday because she won't do that and God knows her situation so He'll understand. So we left rather surprised. Yesterday, though, she said that she thought about it a lot after we left. She then bore her testimony about the Book of Mormon as the word of God. It really showed me that the things we do, they might have effect now that we can see, but sometimes afterwards we'll understand why we went where we went and said what was said.
So yeah, that's pretty much my week. :)

I cut my hair today. The guy was really good, so I think I look ok :) Sent you a picture of the after. The other pictures is one I took earlier today at a random place in Berkeley that had Here and There, don't know why. And where is YOUR picture? :)
Say hi to everyone :)
Tons of Love, Meng

No comments:

Post a Comment