Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Visite Chocolate Factory on P-day(Dec 17, 2012)







 So last week we went to the chocolate factory. We saw how they made chocolate. They had these coco plants which has a fruit called the cacao pod, and then the seed inside they roast it and it is like 100% dark chocolate, and they have to mix in milk powder to make it more sweet and not completely bitter. It's kind of cool. We got lots of chocolates to taste, which was bad for dinner. :) But we had clam chowder soup at Fisherman's Wharf. I forgot my camera today :), so I'll try to send pictures next week. But it was pretty.

Got your package, opened it and saw the note, then closed it, so I don't know what's inside yet. Thanks though :) Made me happy

We had zone conference this week. This time it was more Christmas oriented. They mission bought a lot of little things, food, toilet paper, candy, things like that, and it was wrapped in gifts so we couldn't see, but we had to choose and that was our gift. I got cereal, but it actually tasted pretty good. :) We learned about how to fold our laundry, especially the elders. We learned how to back a car :) Anyway, besides that, we sang O Holy Night. It was quite good. We also watched a video from President Holland, really made me want to be more hardworking. It seems not so long ago that I just got here. Can you believe it's 7 months already?

We had exchange this week too. I stayed in Daly City with Sister Croft. We went tracting a lot, but we also had lots of lessons. She is really good at tracting. Hold on, send the pictures, then will continue...
She just knew what to say when she meets people, and she doesn't ask the same questions very often. Anyway, it made me a little braver at talking to people. So now, I'm just shooting for it and things usually come out alright. What's quite amazing is that this week we try to have a vision of who everyone we meet can become, as soon as we see them. It helped a lot in finding, I'm not sure if we just met a lot of successful people last week, but we had quite a few good potential investigators now.

Our investigator with a date is still solid and she loves the members. They invite her to dinners and she loves to be with them. She goes to all the events too, despite it being finals week.

We got to go to the visitor's center twice this week to take our investigator and recent converts to events there. The temple is so beautiful, they've got the lights on. :)

That's pretty much my week. Going soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment